Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

DIY business cards for the blog



























As I was working on some plans for a project Matt and I are collaborating on, I realized that I should order some business cards with my contact information on them. I know, duh, what goes on a business card if not contact info? Anyway, I'm working on a site redesign and once it's complete I'll probably order some professionally printed cards, but in the meantime I needed something quick and easy, emphasis on the quick.



























If you'd like to make your own easy business cards you need very few things - cardstock, a rotary cutter (or scissors and a ruler), a stamp & inkpad, washi tape (try cute tape to find a pattern you like), and a nice pen.


Simply cut the cardstock down to size (standard is 2" x 3.5") and then stamp your phrase or image on one side. Next, stick a piece of cute tape on the top of the reverse side of each card. Make sure to leave it long enough so you can stick a little bit to the stamped side. Then write your contact info below the tape. I kept it simple with just the address of my blog and my name. While these are a good temporary card, I'm looking forward to the day we can design and order my official ones. Mmm, paper products. 

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Leslie! It was only $1 at Michaels...

      Delete
  2. darling. i created some cards like this in december.

    {thanks for the comment on my blog - it's nice to meet you. :) }

    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how totally darling! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a note. That was so sweet of you. I can't wait to follow along here with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great! I saw this post when you first created it - but I specifically searched for it today because I want to make some cards for my blog. I found some really cute decorative tape at the website you linked! I don't think I'll use the tape for this set of cards, but definitely will be ordering it in the future. Once I write a post about my own cards, I'll link this one to it since I originally got the idea from you! :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are mentioned here: http://annaradchenko.net/2012/05/blog-business-cards/

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. like the idea and all the info..i might need this when use these for Metal business cards..thanks you share it.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment or just say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...