Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

just add color

It's been a while since I changed our bedding over to the winter stuff, but it was looking cold and cheerless to me. 
See how stark it all looks? Everything was blue or white with the exception of the books on my nightstand! We were definitely in need of some sprucing up. 
Colorful home accessories to the rescue! 
A sewn paper garland ($7 at anthropologie's post-holiday sale!), a quilt my mom made for us, a couple hayward pillows and one tempo pillow later and I think things are looking much better.
Sweet dreams are definitely in store tonight.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely quick-fix! You've inspired me. I currently have a simliarly cold looking bed. But I think I have some bright accessories to jazz it up, like you did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so fun! i love all the color. it makes me want to go and re vamp our bedroom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO CUTE!!

    your blog is so cool!!
    come visit us at: abutterflybyday.com!

    hope to hear from you soon :]
    xo, camilla & valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love that paper garland! i so wanted to get it but waited too long. i may try and make my own version of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to see if you create a DIY version! The paper layers are so thick that I think felt might be a good alternative.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment or just say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...