Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2011

la laiterie

For some reason I am dying for a non-home cooked meal this week. One of my favorite places to go eat is La Laiterie on Wayland Square. These photos are from a dinner out with our friends John and Rachel over the summer. 
The best part about the place is that everything is seasonal and handmade and most everything is local. As you can see, that night we enjoyed a cheese plate with housemade herbed candied nuts, warm biscuits, and a tomato salad with burrata, a delicious cheese that Rachel introduced us to.  
Our entrees followed shortly thereafter but apparently I was too caught up in enjoying my Vermont beef burger to be bothered by taking any more pictures. Matt and I went back a couple months ago and had the most amazing desserts - a salted chocolate brownie and a chocolate chip cookiewich with salted caramel ice cream. Clearly, I'm big on salt with sweets.
Ezra doesn't quite appreciate the fine dining experience yet. After sampling a bit of everything he resorted to the ol' standby: baby food in a pouch. Kid doesn't know what he's missing. I, on the other hand, can't wait to go back.

2 comments:

  1. yumm! one of the best finds in RI.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tomato salad looks so good, and the deserts sound amazing. I love the salty/sweet combo, too. We have a little local cafe with a similar menu, and it is one of my favorite places!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment or just say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...