Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

nectarine pickles

Last summer I did a lot of canning (along with my mom, cousin, and two aunts) but so far this year hasn't yielded any jars of fruity goodness.  When I saw a recipe for nectarine pickles in the latest issue of Every Day with Rachael Ray I decided they were the next best thing and sent Matt to Job Lot, of all places, to get Chinese five spice powder.  The pickles came together quickly and kind of remind me of apple pie.  I haven't decided how to use them yet, but I think a chutney alongside pork chops on the grill sounds summery.  Have you ever made pickles?  In eighth grade I had to write a persuasive essay on why watermelon rind pickles should be banned because my English teacher detested the ones her mother-in-law made.  Now I'm intrigued and may have to try some.  What are your thoughts on strange pickled items?

1 comment:

  1. what a funny reason to give an asignment!!! those pickles sound so yummy

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment or just say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...