Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Beehive Cafe

Usually, as you can tell from my regular restaurant posting, I don't venture outside of Providence to find yummy breakfast, lunch, and dinner venues.  However, my friend John recommended a spot in Bristol that he said I absolutely had to try, The Beehive Cafe.  Let me just say that it completely lived up to all the hype.
The first floor is home to a few tables and a giant case full of breads and pastries.  Morning glory muffins, lemon squares, banana bread... it doesn't get much better than that.  Ari and I (we went out for one last hurrah before we would live in two different states) wrenched our eyes away from the carbohydratey goodness on display and began searching for two breakfast entrees to share.  After we placed our order we found a table upstairs and then anxiously stared down the stairwell at everyone who walked up it, hoping it was the server with our food.    
I selected a banana mango smoothie to start us off.  Its sweet flavor and creamy texture had me addicted after one sip and I swear it wasn't evenly split... sorry, Ari.
We shared a breakfast sandwich stuffed with two fried eggs, bacon, tomato (had to take that out of my half), Cheddar cheese, and arugula on potato bread.  It came with a fresh fruit salad that was gone in a split sec.  The bacon was perfectly crispy and I loved the addition of arugula, a green that I wouldn't think to put on a breakfast sandwich.  I could have eaten the whole thing and then this, too... 
French toast!  Classic out-to-breakfast choice.  I can't believe I used to hate it.  This particular French toast was light and fluffy and perfectly sprinkled with powdered sugar, not covered to the point where one chokes from inhaling the stuff directly into the esophagus which often happens.  My mouth is watering just thinking about the delicious meal we shared at The Beehive Cafe.  I can't wait to go back, even though it's in Bristol and, like a typical Rhode Islander, the 35 minute drive is a bit painful for me.       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or just say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...