Pages

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

summer suppers

I don't know about you but I've been having a hard time getting dinner on the table lately.  It's so hot that food isn't very appealing, I'm not much of a griller, and I certainly don't want to turn the oven on.  These dishes from Real Simple may just do the trick...
Each recipe requires few ingredients, little time, and yes, the oven or stove or other kitchen appliance, but I'm willing to sacrifice a little as long as Matt and I aren't alternately eating PB&J and cereal every night.  After successfully making a home-cooked meal we can dive into one of these cool desserts - 
My mouth is watering already.  Now which one to attempt first...  What are some of your favorite summertime meals and desserts?  

5 comments:

  1. Ones that I haven't prepared myself! JK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just brought a cold Asian noodle salad to a cookout last week. It was from Guy Fieri on the Food Channel. It's really good, pretty simple and most people liked it. If you want the recipe FB or e-mail me, or go onto the Food Channel, Guy Fieri. It's called Dang Cold Asian Noodle Salad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was my post.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think you should do the steak one and then invite me over...hint, hint...wink ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. in the summer I like to grill. the fewer dishes the better.
    i've learned even how to steam broccoli.
    chop and put on a square of tin foil, sprinkle with water, add a pat of butter fold up the foil making a sealed foil bag
    grill and eat.
    yummm

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment or just say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...