Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Café Choklad

My mom works for Superior Court in Providence so I always try to find excuses to meet her for lunch in the city.  Recently my dad and brother joined us for a date at Café Choklad.  While I did suggest a parking space which later cost my brother $100 I think we all enjoyed our afternoon meal.  
It's nearly impossible to resist ordering a treat from the impressive spread of pastries and desserts that is prominently displayed on the counter.  I actually started eating my black and white cookie before our meal arrived because it was irresistible.  
I ordered a delicious pesto chicken sandwich with fresh mozzarella on ciabatta bread along with carrot sticks.  My mom and brother ordered the same - it seemed to be a popular choice in the cafe that day.      
Corn chowder was one of the specials so my dad and I shared a cup.  It was a little spicy for me (I'm a huge wimp when it comes to heat of any kind) but the texture was smooth with just the right amount of corn and potatoes.  
My strangest request of the day was for a cold hot chocolate.  Yes, I asked if they could make a hot chocolate but cold.  It was essentially chocolate milk.  I don't know why I thought it would be any different or better, but it was still a great beverage and I sucked it down like a skinny tick. 
We've visited (and frequented) many restaurants around College Hill but I'm wondering if you have any suggestions for quick lunchtime bites... What is your favorite Providence restaurant or cafe?

2 comments:

  1. I love that first pic! Where is it? And I keep expecting a camping post...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE cafe choklad! miss providence!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment or just say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...