Pages

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

baked

(image via Design*Sponge)
Baking is absolutely one of my favorite things to do.  I've been planning a menu for a Mother's Day soirée (I would love for it to look like the image above!) that Matt and I will be hosting at our house and I can't wait to try out some new recipes and also make some of my old favorites.  Here's the tentative menu -
- fresh fruit (maybe peaches and raspberries), vanilla yogurt, and homemade granola parfaits in my cute little dishes that look like this
- banana chocolate chip muffins
- classic waffles from The Joy of Cooking with fresh whipped cream 
- herbed popovers
- a quiche and/or fritatta of some sort
- stuffed baked french toast
- chocolate almond biscotti and pistachio biscotti
- nutella croissants
- more fresh fruit like pineapple and strawberries
I know I can do all that, but now for the new...
I'm going to be tapping into the brains of Matt Lewis and Renato Poliafito, the owners of Baked in New York City, through their book Baked.  Sour cream coffee cake anyone?
Gale Gand's Brunch is another cookbook I plan on perusing over the next couple of weeks for ideas.
Since Matt and I will be at church from about 8:15 until 12:30 on Mother's Day everything needs to be able to be prepared ahead of time or very quickly.  I'm hoping my evolving menu cooperates and makes our day a success.  Any spectacular brunch suggestions?  I would love to hear what your favorite morning treats are!

2 comments:

  1. Omg, it's going to be delicious! Pancakes are always a hit, topped with fresh fruit and homemade wippcream, yummmmm!

    Good luck w/ the brunch, I am sure it will be lovely :-)

    jennymayandswede.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment or just say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...